Saturday, December 10, 2011

RS Hanna Gallery - Artist Margi Lucena

Artist Margi Lucena's painting "Winter View, Highway 1"
12" x 16" Pastel on Board


Artist Margi Lucena's painting "Little Anna's Road"
8" x 10" Pastel on Board


I love paintings with snow. I especially love the ones that have lots of color and light in them like two paintings done by artist Margi Lucena. These two amazing little pastels can be found at the RS Hanna Gallery in Fredericksburg, Texas.
Here's some biographical information from the artist.    

"I've always drawn and painted. When I was little, I would watch my Dad at his easel. The smells of paint, turpentine, and linseed oil were as comforting as the smell of home cooking. In recent years, I have found the pure color and amazing versatility of pastels have made it my favorite medium."  The amazing and magical landscape of New Mexico keeps me simultaneously grounded and floating on air. The light, atmosphere and color in the southwest are constantly changing. Whether I am painting en Plein Air or in the studio, I try to express what I see and how I feel about the beauty of the natural landscape that surrounds me. My goal as an artist is to establish a connection between my expression of what is before me, and you, the viewer.

Professional affiliations include: 
Pastel Society of New Mexico, Signature Member
Pastel Society of America
Plein Air Painters of New Mexico
Women Artists of the West, Associate Member
National League of American Pen Women

Recent Honors & Awards: 
2010 -The Pastel Journal 2010 Pastel 100, Landscape Division, Honorable Mention, Judge Paul Murray
2010 - Fine Art Studios Online (FASO) Jan. 2010, Second Place Overall, Judge Brian Blood
2010 - FASO, Jan. 2010, Outstanding Pastel, Judge Brian Blood
2009 - 17th National Pastel Painting Exhibition, 2009, PSNM, Artisan Santa  Fe Award, Judge Colette      Odya-Smith; 
2008 - New Mexico State Fair Hispanic Arts 2008, First and Second Place,  Pastels.



No comments:

Post a Comment